Skip to main content

RECIPE OF CASTLE BUNDT BUTTER CAKE (NORDIC WARE)


I baked this castle bundt butter cake for my boy birthday this year.
Since is my first time using this Nordic ware, and I have to make sure that every ingredient which I have used are not wasted, hence I have been very careful of my measurement of my ingredients.

This castle bundt is 10-cups Size, I have 5 extra cupcakes for the cake batter. Hence, for those of you, if you are using the same castle bundt, you may try 4 eggs recipe instead of 6 eggs.

Ingredients:

345 gram butter (I used 50% of westgold salted butter + 50% of Anchor) However, SCS is highly recommended, as it has more buttery fragrance)
180 gram castor sugar
6 egg yolks
300 gram Self-raising flour
150 gram of fresh milk
6 egg whites60 gram castor sugar
Few drops of lemon juice

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 160C. Generously grease and floured the bundt pan. I used MOI pan canola spray and all-purpose flour. Set aside.
2. Cream butter and 180 gram sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the egg yolk one by one until combined.
4. Slowly add the self-raising flour to the butter mixture, alternating with the fresh milk. Ending with flour.
5. Pour the egg whites into a clean mixing bowl. Using a balloon whisk, beat the egg whites until frothy, add few drops of lemon juices to stable the egg whites. Gradually add in sugar and beat until firm to stiff peaks.
6. Fold the meringue into the butter mixture in 3 additions until well combined.
7. Gently tap the pan several times on the countertop to dislodge any bubbles; smooth the batter with a spatula.
8. Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Turn the pan upside down onto a cooling rack. After 10 minutes, lift the pan off the cake.

Note:By sharing our experiences in baking, we could improve further the recipe. Hence i would appreciate if you could kindly link back your baking experiences to my blog for sharing and further improvement.

Comments