Skip to main content

BASIC & EASY RECIPE ON HOW TO CULTIVATE A NATURAL YEAST STARTER?


I am very pleased to share with all of you on my successful attempt of cultivating the yeast starter, after my 2 times of failure.

Below is my basic and easy recipe on how to cultivate a Natural Yeast Starter:

Day 1 - Day 5: ( ← Please refer to my link on "Raisin Yeast Water")

I used Organic Raisins for my yeast water. However, you can choose any dried fruits like cranberries, apricots as well, preferably no oil coated.

Just shake few times a day and open lid once a day, so that your yeast can have "fresh air".

Day 6: (Yeast Starter)


Just fed with Flour and Water

When it has double its size.
50 gram yeast water + 50 gram flour. 

Mix them → leave until double → Rest in the fridge for more than 6 hours

Day 7:
Add 50 gram flour + 35 gram water.

Mix and leave until double → Rest in the fridge for more than 6 hours.

Day 8:

Add 100 gram flour + 70 gram water.

Mix and leave until double → Rest in the fridge for more than 6 hours. Ready to Use.

Day 9: Repeat Day 8
 Day 9, Just took out from fridge: Very Active Starter
After every use, Repeat Day 8.
If you are not using, Then you can keep in fridge, and  feed every 2-3 days. (Please check your starter daily, if it still bubbling, that means it still "alive".

Thank you @Baker.Kobo from Instagram.

Note:
By sharing our experiences in baking, we could improve further the recipe. Hence i would appreciate if you could kindly link back your baking experiences to my blog for sharing and further improvement.

Comments