Skip to main content

CHINESE STEAM CAKES/ KIA KIA GU - 香叶斑斓喜板


I have tried many recipe for Chinese Steamed Cake - 香叶斑斓喜板. In fact, i have failed many times in doing this Chinese Steamed Cake. I am happy when i found Guaishushu's Recipe, as it didn't failed me.

Finally i have made a nice and fluffy Chinese Steamed Cake.

Thank you, Master Chef Kennth Goh - Guaishushu.


Dough

150 grams of glutinous rice flour (糯米粉)
150 grams of plain flour (普通面粉)
100 grams of castor sugar (细砂糖)
1/2 packet or about 6 grams of Instant Yeast (即时酵母)
25 grams of corn oil (玉米油)
150 grams of lukewarm warm water (温水)
Few drops of permitted red colouring (I use Pandan Water)

Others

Parchment paper - Cut in round shape - 7 cm.
I used electronic steamer to steam my Chinese Steamed Cake - 香叶斑斓喜板.

Note:By sharing our experiences in baking, we could improve further the recipe. Hence i would appreciate if you could kindly link back your baking experiences to my blog for sharing and further improvement.

Comments